Leading corporates are investing in new carbon project development to prepare for future net zero targets. Climate Impact Partners works with companies to develop high-impact projects around the world. For corporates considering project development, join this webinar to better understand some of the considerations, and learn more about nature-based project development in India.
Thursday 29th June, 2023
8:00 am PDT | 11:00 am EDT | 4:00 pm GMT | 5:00 pm CET
In this webinar, our experts will share:
- The business case for corporates to undertake project development
- The process we take with our partners to develop high-quality and high-impact projects
- Example details from exclusive nature-based project development opportunities in India, covering:
- Community engagement to align incentives for long-term success
- Designing nature-based projects for biodiversity conservation and restoration
- Using digital monitoring and satellite imaging tools for quality assessment.
Tune in to learn about the opportunity of carbon project development and what is right for your company.
For most corporates we have worked with, project development is only an option worth considering if your company is looking to deliver a significant number of tonnes of carbon removals annually. We will explain more about this when covering the considerations for corporates around project development in the first section of the webinar.
- Arti Dhar, Senior Manager, Client Engagement, Climate Impact Partners. Arti co-founded Farmers for Forests, which incentivizes farmers in India to convert degraded and abandoned farmland into food forests. She works is a trusted partner to our US clients, ensuring their programmes are of the highest quality, and translated into clear, compelling communications to engage stakeholders.
- Alterra Hetzel, Snr Vice President, Client Solutions, Climate Impact Partners. Alterra brings her experience at The Conservation Fund working on corporate partnerships to her days collaborating with some of the world’s largest and best-known brands to build powerful, impactful climate programmes around the world.
- Ben Gatley, Head of Commercial, Project Development, Climate Impact Partners. Ben specializes in originating and developing voluntary carbon offset projects worldwide, from concept to implementation, with a focus on Africa and Asia. He has over a decade of experience in renewable energy and battery storage, including for Ecotricity, a leading UK renewable energy supplier.
- Nick Kempson, Nature Based Solutions Technical Manager, Project Development, Climate Impact Partners. Nick spent over a decade working as a non-profit consultant across Tanzania, Kenya, and South Africa with a focus on natural resource management and agricultural development. He provides technical expertise for support and insight across origination, due diligence, and project implementation.
The afforestation project we will cover is the latest addition to a portfolio of nature-based carbon removal projects we develop and manage for corporate clients. To find out more visit: https://www.climateimpact.com/business-solutions/project-development/.
Climate Impact Partners wins Environmental Finance’s Best Offset Retailer Award
Climate Impact Partners has been awarded Best Offset Retailer, for the 11th time, in Environmental Finance’s annual Voluntary Carbon Market Awards.Read more
Climate Impact Partners’ Annual Report Reveals Climate Commitment Issues Among Fortune Global 500 Companies
Among the world’s largest companies there was no increase in 2030 commitments in the last year and 34% still have no commitmentsRead more
Climate Impact Partners Launches Investment Initiative for Major New Carbon Project
Panna afforestation project is expected to deliver more than two million tonnes of verified carbon dioxide removal units.Read more
The Latest Insights From
Climate Impact Partners
The TNFD framework: ready, steady, adopt
We recently spoke to Thomas Viegas, Partnership Lead at the TNFD, who shared his views on the newly published disclosure framework.Read more
Communicating business climate action
How can companies navigate the landscape of initiatives underpinning the voluntary carbon market and make climate claims with confidence?Read more
CORSIA – It’s (almost) crunch time
As the first phase of CORSIA prepares for takeoff, the aviation industry can invest in carbon projects now to meet impending demand for EEUs in coming years.Read more