We work with projects at all stages of development, from those looking for help to sell high quality carbon credits, to new project development.Apply to become a project partner
Who we work with
We work with project developers and organizations across the public, private and social sectors who are implementing projects that make a measurable, positive impact on the climate while also delivering other social benefits.
- Existing Project Developers - Many of the project partners we work with have carried out successful carbon projects already. They have a presence on the ground working with local communities and are interested in maintaining or increasing the scale of their impact. We market and sell their carbon credits, and where needed, assist with carbon asset development and future project development activities.
- New Project Developers - We also work with partners who have a track record of delivering impact but are new to carbon projects. We help these partners assess, pilot and optimize their project concepts. For those with proof of concept of their project, and meet our rigorous due diligence process, we navigate and deliver against all the requirements to become verified with an international standard. As long-term partners, we continue to provide support and access to carbon finance through the life of the project.
Our extensive track record of providing project support covers a wide range of leading projects across a variety of technologies. See some examples in the gallery below.
What do we look for in a project?
Our focus is on delivering high-quality climate action at scale. We are highly selective in the project partners we work with to ensure we deliver maximum impact.
We work with project partners who:
- Understand local stakeholders and ecosystems
- Have the highest standards of conduct
- Can demonstrate their project has additional benefits, beyond verified emission reductions, such as positive social, biodiversity, and equality impacts.
We look for projects that meet the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA) code of Best Practice as well as our own due diligence process, to ensure projects are of the highest quality.
|Real||Emission reductions (avoidance or removals) must exist.|
|Measurable||Project impacts must be able to be quantified.|
|Additional||Emission reductions would not have happened were it not for the sale of carbon credits.|
|Permanent||Reversal risks must be identified and mitigated, and a failsafe mechanism implemented to compensate for such risks.|
|Independently verified||The project must be verified by a third party, who then submits their findings to the relevant standard.|
|Unique||Carbon credits are uniquely serialized, issued, tracked, and cancelled by means of an electronic registry system.|
|Risk and client relationship||Projects must manage the risks that come with implementing a carbon project, and the complexities of a long-term relationship with corporate clients.|
We source from carbon projects across the world that fit into the following emissions reductions categories. We also develop new carbon projects in the same categories, working with on-the-ground implementation experts.
Become a project partner
Are You a Current Project Partner?
600+ Projects have been supported by Climate Impact Partners, spanning more than 30 project types