With more than 20 years’ experience finding the highest quality projects and partners, our clients rely on us to deliver climate solutions with real, sustainable, measurable impact. We work closely with our project partners to develop and deliver solutions that make real change possible.
Quality assurance is at the heart of what we do. We have developed a leading-edge due diligence process that goes beyond industry requirements and continually evolves to set best practice.
- All the carbon finance projects we support are independently validated and verified to recognized global standards, including the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), the Gold Standard, the American Carbon Registry (ACR) and the Climate Action Reserve (CAR). Many are also recognized under the Climate, Community and Biodiversity (CCB) standard.
- As founding members of the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA), we comply with the ICROA Code of Best Practice through an annual audit.
- We are licensed to supply Green-e Energy certified Renewable Energy Certificates.
- Our Portfolio Management and Project Development teams conduct a detailed due diligence review of every project we consider, ensuring we only contract those that meet our quality standards.
- The review includes reputational, political or environmental risk, financial and legal structure of project partners, delivery risk, detailed technical assessment of project design and implementation.
- Our partner relationship manager team keeps in regular contact with each project partner, monitoring delivery, tracking milestones and discussing future opportunities.
- We conduct a detailed evaluation of the additional benefits to households, communities, and biodiversity from projects, to understand their alignment with specific targets under the Sustainable Development Goals.
- We demonstrate traceability and transparency by developing our own tracking system to manage our inventory and allocation of carbon credits and all credits are registered and retired through third-party registry platforms.
- We are closely involved with industry groups to evolve and develop standards and approaches for greater impact.
- We are on the PD Forum and ICROA technical working group, and sat on the Board or Advisory Forum to the organizations that set standards for quality and impact when these initiatives were first formed: Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta) Advisory Forum, 3R Initiative Advisory Forum, RECs International Board, the VERRA BLUE CARBON WORKING GROUP
- We work closely with NGOs and industry bodies to develop the latest thinking on the role of the Voluntary Carbon Market in meeting the Paris Agreement goals. Our understanding and insights on best practice and policy developments is shared with our clients, through webinars, briefings, and papers.