- Global PR Manager
- A unique opportunity to build the profile of our business through the media globally, sharing the specific role and value of the voluntary carbon market in business action against climate change.
- Either in the US (fully remote), ideal location will be in the East Coast time zone, or in the UK based in London or Oxford (hybrid remote).
- Reports To:
- Chief Marketing Officer
Climate Impact Partners, a merger of ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners, is expanding its marketing team to support the company’s rapid growth.
We are looking for a PR Manager, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and responsible for building the profile of the business through the media globally. With a high level of media interest in business action on climate change and the specific role and value of the voluntary carbon market, there is a lot of potential to gain positive press coverage through both proactive and reactive press relations.
The successful candidate will be an excellent writer of content for the media, such as press releases, byline articles and blogs, have experience talking to journalists, and understand how to hook into areas of media interest to get stories published. They may be an ex-journalist with interest in moving into the corporate sector or a PR professional with a strong track record of success. Experience working in sustainability, and specifically the voluntary carbon market, would be ideal but not essential.
- Working with the CMO and other parts of the company to establish key messages and potential themes and stories for media
- Working with our PR agency to respond to reactive press opportunities and create proactive opportunities, focused mainly on top tier press in US and UK
- Working directly with mid-tier and sector media to build relationships and press opportunities
- Working with the team to establish media approaches for new regions – Europe and possibly APAC
- Writing and reviewing content for the media, speaker pitches for events, and for our own blog and other external communications
- Working with the rest of the marketing team to amplify and leverage media coverage across other communications channels, e.g. social media, website, client communications
- Working with spokespeople across the business to prepare for media opportunities.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Work in media relations in a B2B business, or the environmental or broader sustainability sector to build media profile, with a track record of success
- Or, work as a journalist publishing news stories and/or feature stories
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience defining and articulating messages and creating thought-leadership content to build awareness and reputation
- Knowledge of the voluntary carbon market an advantage but not essential
- Planning and project management skills
- Highly collaborative approach to working across teams to achieve the best results
- Interest, enthusiasm and willingness to learn, adapt and deliver.
This role will be based in the US working remotely, ideal location will be in the East Coast time zone, or in the UK based in London or Oxford.
- Hybrid working in our London or Oxford office;
- London, Paddington office: Modern, state of the art office, which is dog friendly and includes showers, a mother's feeding room, a wellness room and barista coffee bar.
- Oxford office: Open plan office on Magdalen Road, Oxford, which is a short distance from vibrant Cowley Road. The office offers free snacks or is in walking distance of a number of unique cafes.
- 25 days paid holiday
- Enhanced parental leave
- In-house Carbon Academy training programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Bonus scheme, subject to company and individual performance
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in the role, please apply here.
46 million lives improved
1 billion We will deliver one billion tonnes of emission reductions by 2030